James Leroy Wilson's one-man magazine.

Friday, June 17, 2022

A Day for Meditation

 Welcome to Daily Miracles, a running commentary on the 365 lessons of A Course in Miracles, an influential spiritual text from the 1970s. I am James Leroy Wilson and I invite you to join me as I go through this material for the first time. 

LESSON 125

In quiet I receive God’s Word today. (ACIM, W-125)

I'm not sure what I would add. The request seems to be just to meditate three times for ten minutes. The day I did it, no particular message came aside from something along the lines of peace and "continue what you're doing."

The importance of the stillness of meditation is that you aren't what you think you are. The billionaire isn't a billionaire, the criminal isn't a criminal, and the unemployed person has no worries. In our experiences with the world, we are all unique, and so our memories and thoughts about it are also unique. When we are able to close the door on those thoughts, we open another door and enter an inner sanctuary of peace.

The sense of peace is the message of peace. If you receive no other word during this meditation, you can "be still and know that I am God."

James Leroy Wilson writes Daily MiraclesThe Daily Bible ChapterJL Cells, and The MVP Chase. Thanks for your subscriptions and support!

(Photo credit: Ivoronwik)

No comments:

Post a Comment