James Leroy Wilson's one-man magazine.

Thursday, August 08, 2019

Future plans, and I need your help

Dear friends,

I intend to set up a Patreon soon for readers to support my work while still making it free to general audiences. The plan is to produce 20 columns a month (likely averaging 3-minute reads) so that a $1 monthly subscriber gets "my 5 cents" worth of commentary. (50 years ago, it would have been "my two cents" but, you know, inflation.) I haven't worked out what bonuses patrons would get and at what levels. At $1, you'd certainly get early access; at higher levels you'd get more exclusive content.

Today, however, I could use your IMMEDIATE support. I mean, right now. So, however much you can give TODAY at https://www.paypal.me/jamesleroywilson (you don't need a Paypal account), then once Patreon is set up, you will get that many months at the $1 level AND ALSO all the bonuses as if you had contributed at the highest level. 

At 5 cents per column, I won't guarantee they will all interest you; hopefully you'll get 10 cents of value from the ones that do. I imagine most will be centered on the news of the day, but they may also may be about business, sports, or what may broadly be called consciousness studies: religion, spirituality, philosophy, any topic relating to the "paranormal" or the nature of the world and reality. Whatever inspires me. I'm at my best if I don't have to follow the wishes of bosses or fear what advertisers might think.


And if the Patreon model is soon derailed by, say, The New Yorker offering me an editor-at-large position, then I'll return the money when I'm able, or pay it forward in ways you request.


James

No comments:

Post a Comment