James Leroy Wilson's one-man magazine.

Saturday, June 18, 2022

The Returns on Your Investment

 Welcome to Daily Miracles, a running commentary on the 365 lessons of A Course in Miracles, an influential spiritual text from the 1970s. I am James Leroy Wilson and I invite you to join me as I go through this material for the first time. 

LESSON 126

All that I give is given to myself. (ACIM, W-126)

The line reminds me of the song lyrics "You Only Get What You Give" by The New Radicals and "And in the end, The love you take, Is equal to the love you make" by The Beatles.

But I think this lesson says something more. What we ever truly give is our energy, and the nature of that energy depends on how we feel. 

If we do something out of a sense of obligation, we will feel like we're owed something in return. 

If I am judgemental, I'll feel like I'm being judged, even if nobody's actually thinking about me at all. If you think "I wish I had a million dollars," you will feel like you don't have a million dollars. If you think, "Why does this always happen to me," you will feel like it always happens to you even if it rarely does.

Wishing ill on others makes one feel bad. 

On the other hand, wishing others well makes one feel blessed.

James Leroy Wilson writes Daily MiraclesThe Daily Bible ChapterJL Cells, and The MVP Chase. Thanks for your subscriptions and support!

(Photo credit: Ivoronwik)

No comments:

Post a Comment