James Leroy Wilson's one-man magazine.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

October 11, 2016: Now THAT'S an Aleppo Moment

October 11 in history (from Wikipedia)

1138 – A massive earthquake strikes Aleppo, Syria

AND GARY JOHNSON DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT!!!

1884 – Eleanor Roosevelt was born.

If journalism was in the 1930's as it is today, Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Eleanor would have been known as "Deleanor."

1899  Second Boer War begins: In South Africa, a war between the United Kingdom and the Boers of the Transvaal and Orange Free State erupts.

Years ago, I listened to a Mises Institute lecture on audio. The lecturer (unfortunately I forgot which one) referred to the British finding out there's gold in southern Africa and decided it was time to Christianize the Boers. 

1975 – The NBC sketch comedy/variety show Saturday Night Live debuts.

Wouldn't be surprised if the next week they showed the rerun of the first episode. You know, because it's a rerun most of the time.



Birthday quotes


"If it sounds like writing, I rewrite it."

Everyone has his own sound. I'm not going to presume how to tell anybody how to write. 
- Elmore Leonard  (October 11, 1925 – August 20, 2013)



Happy Birthday Darryl Hall!






On the Socials Media

[#JMOE stands for Just Me Or Everyone]


When I read a name that seems pronounceable but also seems otherworldly, I assume it's Thai.


I wonder how guys with the last name "Newman" are greeted by friends and acquaintances.


Roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, vegetables, apple pie with ice cream: $9.90


J. Falwell Jr, James Dobson, Ralph Reed, Pat Robertson -- all standing behind Trump, even after the p-grab talk. Goodbye,

Still no improvement. Thanks to Adam Gorightly, I blame Tuesday Weld.

Trump's #CentralPark5 comments still seems to me the big story. I feel like Phil Hartman. Hope I'll get over it.

LikeShow more reactions
Comment

.@reason headline says the Pentagon spends half the fedgov's PR spending. Don't know why; the Defense Department is AWESOME!!!

Take Billy Bush off the air. Don't renew his contract. But fulfill it. Pay him. He did nothing at NBC to warrant punishment or firing.


I feel like Kramer vs the AIDS ribbon, except Kramer actually walked the walk. I'd like a lot of things to happen to create better opportunities for girls across the world, but I know that today I won't actually lift a finger to do anything about it. So I'm not going to signal that I'm more virtuous than I really am by "showing support" when I'm not really doing anything.
For Every Girl Around the World
All girls deserve equal access to healthcare, education and basic human needs. On International Day of the Girl, add a frame to your profile photo to show your support for girls everywhere.
Add a profile frame





No comments:

Post a Comment