James Leroy Wilson's one-man magazine.

Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Remembering Chick or Dude

Kids Prefer Cheese directs me to the Prof or Hobo quiz.

I did poorly by second-guessing my instincts.

But it reminds me of a similar game I played with real life people.

Some 8-10 years ago, I was at a small party. A game called "Chick or Dude" was played. The host had a copy of a small college's yearbook from 1979 or so. From the freshman class photos, she would point at a picture and we were to write down whether we thought the person was, well, a chick or a dude. This was an age where the hair was long and the glasses and outfits were stupendously ugly. She selected ten photos and we had to guess.

I think I guessed 7 of the 10 correctly.

I don't think there is any other era of any civilization where this confusion could have happened, save America late 1970's.

No comments:

Post a Comment