James Leroy Wilson's one-man magazine.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

North Korea is on the right track with its nuclear weapons program. If I were the dictator of my own little country, I'd concentrate much of my defense resources on a nuclear program. That's because I know I'd get my butt whipped in a conventional war, and I know that the United States would be inclined to invade my country because I wouldn't play ball in the War on Drugs, allow American troops on my soil, or let my country be controlled by World Bank and IMF hit men. But that's why nuclear weapons are so important. If I have nukes, they couldn't mess with me.

Of course, I'd be smeared by the Administration and western media as a "madman" in charge of a "rogue state" who would give away my nukes to non-state terrorists. (Of course, they'll never explain why I'd do something that idiotic.) But if the Americans invaded before my nuclear program was operating, I'd still be prepared. No, I wouldn't have an army (as I said, I'd get my butt whipped.) Instead, I'd have a gun welfare program. I'd do my best to see that every home in my realm would be well-stocked with guns, ammo, and grenades. If the Americans invaded, my people would go asymmetrical on their ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment