James Leroy Wilson's one-man magazine.

Thursday, January 20, 2005

My Latest at the Partial Observer

I don't know if this advocacy of the "Single Tax" officially puts me in the "left-libertarian" camp or not. But it seems that in a market anarchist system, land owners would be states unto themselves and would charge "taxes" (i.e., rent), based on site value. It seems to me that in a monopoly system - that is, where the State is the ultimate owner of all the land and provides the infrastructure, this would still be the most rational form of raising revenue. I think it is also the best way to explain why the free market, by itself, is not the enemy. If we all had an infinite amount of land to choose from, there'd be no injustice or exploitation in the market.


The Partial Observer - The Single Tax

No comments:

Post a Comment