James Leroy Wilson's one-man magazine.

Friday, October 08, 2004

The Advance Auction on Stolen Goods Begins

I saw the first half of the Presidential debate tonight, in which Iraq and terror was the issue. The sad fact is that these men are paid six figures to find out what independent journalists like Justin Raimondo, Jude Wanniski, and Gary North knew well before the War on Iraq: that Iraq had no WMD's. And we're supposed to trust either guy?

I watched just to see the President lose control - and he did. I'll never vote for either guy, but if anything I "root" for Kerry because at least he acts like an actor would play a fictional, generic President in a movie. George Bush looks like a comedian- almost like a muppet.

But now they're on the bribing the public, I mean, "domestic issues." If they were both tragically mistaken in facts, outlook, and philosophy on foreign affairs, then on domestic affairs they are merely cynical, absurd liars. I might go back for the news analysis later to see if Bush screwed up again, but I'm not going to watch this nonsense.

(By the way, the title of this post is how H.L. Mencken described democratic elections.)

No comments:

Post a Comment