I wonder why so many people who took the side of Han Solo when they were kids now support the stormtroopers.

Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Remembering Chick or Dude

Kids Prefer Cheese directs me to the Prof or Hobo quiz.

I did poorly by second-guessing my instincts.

But it reminds me of a similar game I played with real life people.

Some 8-10 years ago, I was at a small party. A game called "Chick or Dude" was played. The host had a copy of a small college's yearbook from 1979 or so. From the freshman class photos, she would point at a picture and we were to write down whether we thought the person was, well, a chick or a dude. This was an age where the hair was long and the glasses and outfits were stupendously ugly. She selected ten photos and we had to guess.

I think I guessed 7 of the 10 correctly.

I don't think there is any other era of any civilization where this confusion could have happened, save America late 1970's.

No comments:

Post a Comment