James Leroy Wilson's one-man magazine.

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Super Bowl Predictions

Tom Petty will open with "Running down a Dream" and close with "American Girl." I don't know about the middle song - either something more recent or a cover song.

If the Game came just one week after the championship games, I think Giant momentum could have carried the day against an injured Tom Brady. The break certainly helps the Patriots, and 19-0 is the biggest motivational factor any team has ever had coming into the game. The Giants will put up a fight, but I suspect they will still behind by two possessions when the clock runs out.

Most people will be less-than-impressed by the Super Bowl commercials. It seems to me that in recent years they all try too hard, and some of the best commercials debut other times of the year, such as the best of 2007, and my favorite of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment