James Leroy Wilson's one-man magazine.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Litmus Test

Check out my latest at the Partial Observer. Excerpt:
I made the mistake of having some "hope" in Bush that he would lead the country in new, better directions - particularly in his stated goal of a "humble foreign policy." While I disagreed with him on several issues and didn't vote for him, I more or less trusted his judgment at the start. That didn't work out so well.

And recently it occurred to me why it was a mistake. It wasn't because he was wrong on so many issues - I could live with that. But he was wrong on one particular issue.

And all but maybe a handful in Congress are also wrong. That is why they can't be trusted to do the "right thing."

It is why Obama can't be trusted either. Because he's wrong on this one issue, you can never be sure he has the best interest of the people at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment