James Leroy Wilson's one-man magazine.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Bush-Clintonism Forever

It's kind of odd - why is Bush suddenly governing like a low-tax fiscal conservative, and only on the issue of health care for kids?

Don't get me wrong - I oppose new spending programs and tax hikes (this bill will increase cigarette taxes to $1 a pack - on the plus side, pay-as-you-go is a lot more responsible than deficit spending.) If I were President, I would veto it because further federal funding only increases the costs of health care for all. But then, I also wouldn't have started the Iraq War, signed the Prescription Drug benefit, or increase funding for the Dept. of Education. There would have been lots of things I wouldn't have proposed that Bush did propose, and I would have sought to cut or eliminate a whole bunch of programs.

Considering he is a fiscally irresponsible, Big Government Republican, what is Bush doing here but creating another issue Hillary could beat Republicans over the head with? Considering how close his father is to Bill Clinton, does Bush want Clinton to win?

It's possible. Here's what I think may happen. Republicans know they'll go down in 2008. (Elizabeth Dole will be the GOP V.P. choice, to keep the streak of a Bush or Dole being on every Republican national ticket since 1976.) Jeb Bush will be the Vice Presidential choice in 2012 as Republicans lose another one to Hillary, but will then be the front-runner for the 2016 nomination.

By that time, the next generation of Clintons and Bush's will be old enough to be President.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'll vote for the Bush daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:58 PM CDT

    Here's how it'll probably go: http://bushclintonforever.googlepages.com/

    Lord help us.

    ReplyDelete