James Leroy Wilson's one-man magazine.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

New Links

I made some adjustments and added lot more links: on the sidebar, under the "Blogosphere of the Libertarian Left" graphic, I've added the entire roster (I hope) of blogs in this webring. Some are longtime links here, while many others are new. Feel free to peruse, understanding that I'm not necessarily in agreement with other members of the BLL all or even most of the time, as the standard for what constitutes being in the "libertarian left" is essentially up to the individual blogger. I do remain in general agreement with the goals of the Alliance of the Libertarian Left, which is "united by opposition to statism, militarism, and the prevailing corporatist capitalism falsely called a free market, as well as by an emphasis on education, direct action and building alternative institutions, rather than on electoral politics, as our chief strategy for achieving liberation."

I think I'm the only one in the BLL who is also a member of the States' Rights Bloggers Alliance. What can I say? To me, the quest for liberty is a question of what route we should take to most enjoy the journey though life, not which utopian destination we should choose, or which vehicle we should hitch our wagon to to get us there. After all, sometimes the path is muddy, sometimes there's a bridge we must cross, sometimes there's smooth sailing, and sometimes a turbulent storm requires an experienced crew to get us through. If we're hung up on certain litmus tests of ideological purity, or a personal dislike of the lifestyle or opinions of would-be allies, none of us will go anywhere. In any case, life is meaningless if you don't make friends along the way.

And to that end, if you are a blogger who has linked to me but I haven't linked to you, let me know and I'll correct that with my apologies. And if you arrive here because you've noticed that I've linked to you and you haven't yet linked to me, I hope you'll find a good reason to reciprocate. But that's up to you. As I say, there are no litmus tests for friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment