James Leroy Wilson's one-man magazine.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Just Another Disaster

News of the Bush Adminstration's gross incompetence never shocks me, but I admit to being surprised at the ways it is incompetent. For instance,I actually thought that the wounded from Iraq were actually fairly well cared for. I suppose I was duped by seeing from time to time footage of soldiers in physical therapy at what looked to me to be top-notch facilities. Those were the images the Administration wanted us to see. They weren't the reality.

Then again, I used to assume that the soldiers in Iraq were well-equipped. I assumed that FEMA was run by experienced professionals. I assumed that Condoleeza Rice, as National Security Advisor, actually read the intelligence reports handed to her. I assumed that a man so overwhelmingly re-elected as governor of Texas must have some management skills. I assumed that actually puttting the Vice President to work was actually a fine idea. I assumed that Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld were from the realist school and were, by government's standards, quite competent.

When the space shuttle Columbia broke apart four years ago, I initially assumed that these things happen. Now I wonder if the screw-up was not the fault of some amateur appointed by Bush.

Based on Bush's record, I think it's safe to assume that everyone Bush has rounded up and tortured in his War on Terror is innocent of any wrongdoing.

No comments:

Post a Comment