James Leroy Wilson's one-man magazine.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Lay'd to Rest

It's getting so that I doubt everything I read in the news. My first thought of the news of Ken Lay's death isn't "Oh, 64 is fairly young, but not unusual if it was a heart problem." No, it was, "Huh, somebody must have been afraid that Lay would blab about all the dirty deals he had made with politicians over the years."

UPDATE: Right after posting, I realized I haven't visited Rigorous Intuition in over a week. Jeff and his commenters go one step further: if anyone had the money and connections to fake his own death and disappear to some luxurious but secret remote island resort, it'd be Ken Lay.

1 comment:

  1. My first thought was, "oh, did he really die? Can we get some confirmation from a source other than the state (ie coroner, prison officials, police, courts) or mainstream media?" Now for the attack on his estate, in full public view. Everybody else needs to be taught a lesson, too.

    ReplyDelete