James Leroy Wilson's one-man magazine.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Da Vinci Code

I saw The Da Vince Code last night, and think it's very good. The cast was top-flight, perhaps the best collection of supporting players since Batman Begins: Paul Bettany, Alfred Molina, Jean Reno, Ian McKellan. As to the story, I may suspect that a lot of it is implausible, but it is good and healthy to provide revisionist history and alternative theories against the Official Story. Those who enjoyed the novel (I never read it) would enjoy the movie, and those who didn't read the novel should see it just to see what all the fuss is about.

1 comment:

  1. Jim, I just wrote about the Da Vinci Code on my blog. Check it out. Having read the book and seen the movie, I argue that the movie is better than the book - I can't recall anything of substance that the movie leaves out, and it improves on the story at points.

    ReplyDelete