James Leroy Wilson's one-man magazine.

Monday, April 25, 2005

The Height of Civilization

Last night I saw for theThe Matrix for the first time in probably four years at least (since 9-11). It makes one nostalgic for the 1990's. For instance, when pre-red pill Neo faces the agents, who are looking for the "terrorist" Morpheas, Neo says "Where's my phone call?" and "Your Gestapo tactics don't scare me; I know my rights." Rights which, thanks to Bush, no longer exist for suspected "terrorists."

As the Matrix came out at the time Bill Clinton was bombing the Serbian people for no reason whatsoever, it was hard to believe that the late 20th century was the height of human civilization. But, looking back and despite that war, we were a lot better off then than we are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment