James Leroy Wilson's one-man magazine.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

September 28, 2016

Birthday quote I

Guide the people by law, subdue them by punishment; they may shun crime, but will be void of shame. Guide them by example, subdue them by courtesy; they will learn shame, and come to be good." - Confucius (September 28, 551 – 479 BC)

Birthday quote II

"Looking back, I'm almost happy I lost that fight [to Joe Louis], Just imagine if I would have come back to Germany with a victory. I had nothing to do with the Nazis, but they would have given me a medal. After the war I might have been considered a war criminal." - Max Schmeling (September 28-February 2)

Birthday quote III

“People believe unbelievable things because it's self-flattering to think that you are intellectually daring enough to accept what others find preposterous.” - Christopher Buckley (Born September 28, 1952)

Happy Birthday Moon!






And fondly remembering Ben. E. King (September 28, 1938 – April 30, 2015)


No comments:

Post a Comment