James Leroy Wilson's one-man magazine.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Am An American Voter

This is my latest at the Partial Observer. Excerpt:
I am an American voter. I resent it that politics is dominated by lawyers, career politicians, and special interests. But in the Presidential race, the successful businessman is too polished, and the small-town doctor who ignores lobbyists says things I don't understand.

I am an American voter. High wages, full employment, and low prices are basic human rights, and the only reason we don't have these is corporate greed. Some people say that tax policy plays a role, but I think the rich should pay more. And somebody is talking about something called "monetary policy," but I don't understand it so I will ignore it.

I am an American voter. I have some common sense and realize that the federal government has better things to do than investigate steroids in baseball or ban fatty foods. But the one candidate who actually agrees with me is not "electable," so I won't vote for him even in the primary.