James Leroy Wilson's one-man magazine.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Roids

I believe steroids should be legal, but have no problem with Major League Baseball banning them. If people want a league that permits performance-enhancing drugs, they should be free to start one. I just think baseball field dimensions are too small for people with super-human strength, and I don't want young men to risk their health in order to compete professionally at a high level. I think Barry Bonds proved that great players who take performance enhancers become literally too good, and in any case I prefer baseball games with more emphasis on ball contact and less on swinging for the fences.

That said, it should all be a baseball matter, not a political matter, not a Congressional matter. Downsize DC's latest campaign tells Congress to mind its own business.

No comments:

Post a Comment