James Leroy Wilson's one-man magazine.

Saturday, January 29, 2005

A Trojan Horse enters Conservative America

I haven't picked up Thomas Wood's Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, largely because I doubt that it will teach me things I don't already know. I also am reflexively "anti-politically incorrect." But Anthony Gregory's review of the book demonstrates to me that this could be a very valuable book. By undermining our current "conservative" worship of FDR, Truman and militarism with facts, and as conservatives are more likely to buy the book because it is "politically incorrect," the net effect may be to change the minds of State-worshipping conservatives. The plutocracy that controls the Republican Party should fear this book more than liberals, because it undermines the American mythology as they want it presented.

Liberty - Everything You Know About History Is Wrong

No comments:

Post a Comment