James Leroy Wilson's one-man magazine.

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Crossfire, Rest in Hell

In the late 1980's, I actually kind of liked Crossfire with Kinsley and Buchanan. It was one of a kind back then, kind of like Donahue in the pre-Oprah, pre-Geraldo days. From David Bauder on new CNN chief Jonathan Klein:

"I guess I come down more firmly in the Jon Stewart camp," Klein told The Associated Press.

He said all of the cable networks, including CNN, have overdosed on programming devoted to arguing over issues. Klein said he wants more substantive programming that is still compelling.

"I doubt that when the president sits down with his advisers they scream at him to bring him up to date on all of the issues," he said. "I don't know why we don't treat the audience with the same respect."

No comments:

Post a Comment